Rehab centers aim to build a healthy and productive life for the patients with the help of medications and therapies to help them overcome their habit of addiction. However, once the treatment starts, it becomes challenging to stay on the medicine for too long to overcome the desire for dependence. Rehabs cannot reverse the effects of addiction, but they can help you bring your life back to a healthy track.
With the increasing number of addicts worldwide, there are many workplaces where employees have become drug addicts; the effect of addiction harms not only the employee but also the work atmosphere. As an employer, it is essential to look for the solution before the situation goes out of control as addiction can affect the employee’s work performance. The employer aims to help the employee overcome their habits.
Types of rehab therapies:
When talking about rehabs, they can be categorized into five. Each category of rehab has a particular aim to help the patient for a full recovery. Rehabs can help treat a wide range of conditions; some rehabs help treat genetic disorders, degenerative diseases, and other unique diseases. Talking about the rehab therapies in detail:
- Long-term residential treatment: the type of therapy provides a complete 24*7 hours treatment in a non-hospitalized way. The best long-term treatment is the therapeutic community(TC), which lasts 6-12 months; the type of treatment is highly structured with activities that can help manage the damaging and destructive behaviors and self-concepts. It also helps in adopting new constructive ways for life. In addition, there is much therapeutic community that includes employee training and other services to support individuals dealing with a mental disorder, domestic violence, criminal cases, etc.
- Short-term residential treatment: the short-term treatment provides the most essential 12 step treatment to the accused; these programs were designed to meet the alcohol treatment but later was started as a treatment for cocaine addiction. The therapy consists of 3-6weeks of hospital treatment followed by outpatient treatment and self-group therapy for recovery. These therapies reduce the risk of addiction relapses.
- Individual counseling: individual counseling focuses on stopping or controlling drug abuse and addresses other functions such as the content structure of the patient. Though it is a short-term course, the counselors help cope with the stages of substance abuse and maintain abstinence.
- Counseling with a group of therapists: it is a kind of therapy at drug detox centers. Group therapies are a kind of family therapy, and group therapies are conducted between therapists and patients. Many therapy centers use group counseling to promote an addiction-free life. The therapy has been provided based on individual substance abuse counseling to reflect the principles of behavioral management therapies and positive outcomes achieved.
- Outpatient treatment: the type of treatment differs in regards to the services provided. This treatment costs less than the other treatments offered by the rehabs and is most convenient for people with jobs or social support. In addition, some outpatient therapies provide more than just drug treatment to the patients.
How Rehabs Help:
- Breaking the chain: Rehabs use detoxification therapy as the initial step in the path of recovery; it helps in the removal of toxins out from the patient’s body and treats any symptoms of withdrawal. The detoxification beneficial in breaking the chain of addiction through detoxification is not prescribed to every substance abuse patient. Once the detoxification is completed, then the natural treatment for detoxification starts. There are many natural health concerns that claim that many detox drinks help our body eliminate toxic ingredients.
- Learn about addiction: once you are free from addiction, you will have an apparent ability to think and educate yourself regarding addiction; learning about addiction makes you capable of gaining insights about the people, events, sensory experiences, and habits that make cravings for addiction. Rehabilitation centers aim to make the abused understand the passion and dependence on obsession and also help with ways to recover from those addiction habits from reverting.
- Underlying issues: many reasons develop the habit of addiction, but you must know what bought you towards the addiction. Is it the right way to cope up with stress? Is addiction an accurate way to avoid responsibility, gain approval? It is essential for you to look back at our behaviors, to understand what brought you to the habit of addiction. Substance abuse counselor at rehabs can help you dig those underlying issues and help you in developing new habits towards a healthy life which do not require relying on substance abuse.
- Build-in new habits and practices: many people with a history of substance abuse have poorly disciplined, and self-care traditions, a crucial step of self-care for a person on the path of recovery is setting and accomplishing goals; many people, whether recovering or not, do not know how to set and achieve those goals. They begin their path with sincerity that eventually declines when a particular purpose is not reached; the repetitive chain of quitting the habit but cannot achieve the goal weakens the person’s willpower. Gradually, there comes the point when they stop trying. Many people with addiction think a few weeks of their schedule can help them grow from their habit of addiction, but they fail to realize the compulsive nature of addiction and its grip on their life. Rehabs can help you achieve both short and long-term goals, which are very important in your path of recovery. These goals include physical health, mental health, spiritual aspirations, relationships, and work experiences.
- Healthy boundaries: substance abuse does not let us realize our responsibilities towards our own life and behavior. Substance abuse restricts us from building healthy relationships with people. What disturbs the relationship is the poorly defined boundaries where family members help people navigate a healthy relationship and cope with stress. The rehabilitation centers can help you understand where these boundaries get mixed up and manage healthily.
People with addiction develop distorted thinking and behaviors within them. The changes in the brain cause the individual to have deep cravings for the drug. Many reasons take an individual towards these habits, but the proper cure can aid you and even prevent life-threatening threats. Rehabs have considerably recorded positive effects in curing substance abuse. The expected benefits include treatment from anxiety, stress relief, increased self-confidence, balanced life, and many more. The above article is all about ways rehab can help our loved ones. We hope the above article is helpful to you.